The Student News Site of Hillsboro High School

The Hillsboro Globe

The Hillsboro Globe

The Hillsboro Globe

Burchella 2024 – Winter Spirit Week Photos and Fun

Check out pictures from the Coming Home Presentation
Burchella 2024 - Winter Spirit Week Photos and Fun

Hillsboro students showed up big for the 2024 Annual Coming Home event and for the Winter Spirit Week to celebrate our basketball teams and this year’s Coming Home Court. In true Burros fashion, many participated in Hillsboro’s Spirit Week dressing up for thematic days each day of the week.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW PHOTO GALLERY Rights Reserved-Hillsboro Globe; Margo Jenkins, Jesse Bassham

This year’s theme consisted of themes related to the annual Coachella Arts and Music Festival held in April. Coachella is a music festival held in California, in the Coachella Valley in the Colorado Desert. The Student Government Association (SGA)  at Hillsboro chose the dress up day themes and related each theme to musicians who regularly play Coachella. SGA chose the name “Burchella” as this year’s title for Coming Home.

Like Homecoming Spirit Week, Coming Home boosts morale and school spirit and gives students an opportunity to vote on a court of boys instead of the girls during the winter.

Giovanni Reames was crowned 2024 Coming Home King in front of a packed house of 600 plus students, family and community members.

2024 Coming Home Court

Ben Geise, Freshman

Hudson Mills, Sophomore

Joseph Long, Junior

Luke Lawson, Senior

Giovanni Reames, Senior – Coming Home King

Jake Sanchez, Senior

The themed days were:

Monday – “Bring Anything but a Backpack Day” inspired by the song” Bag lady” – Erykah Badu

Tuesday – “Heros & Villains Day” inspired by the song “Anti-hero” – Taylor Swift

Wednesday –”Woke Up Like This Day” inspired by the song ” Flawless” – Beyonce feat Nicki Minaj

Thursday was “Nashville/Country day” inspired by the song “Broadway Girls”- Lil Durk/ Morgan Wallen

Friday was “Freaky Friday” where Students dressed up as Teachers and Teachers dressed up as students inspired by the song ” Freaky Friday” – Chris Brown/ Lil Dicky

Some of our students dressed up for spirit week.

Rights Reserved-Hillsboro Globe; Photos by Ariyana Whitsey