The Hillsboro Globe

“We’re in love and the world is ending”: Tyler Cole second album released Oct. 13

“Let’s get rid of it all / I’m sick of it all / There’s an answer here / We need to blow up our TVs.”

image_pdfimage_print

Tyler Cole, a young, new artist, has released his second album “We’re in Love & the World is ending” on October 13th of this year, which displays feelings of being in love. It’s an anthem for disenfranchised youth frustrated a media that only cares about their clicks but not them themselves.

With 30.2K followers on instagram, and a soft pink theme, he brings out extremely ethereal vibes. He’s a growing alternative artist, hoping to change the industry by being a black man on the alternative or rock charts.

He filled his most recent album with plenty of smooth, gentle sounding songs that resonate what it feels like to be in love.

On the other hand, he has strong, faced paced songs like “The Government Song”, which relays a message about our youth complaining about the way our society and government works, but not taking action.

In a few of his more popular songs like “BLOW UP YOUR TV!” and “Sidney Poitier,” he talks about how the media has influenced us and our relations with people in a negative way, with lyrics like:

“The lying and hating, all the people we don’t know
That’s a problem, we don’t grow as a people at all
I can’t see you at all
But I know that you’re suffering, our computers are buffering
And the media fucks things, lets get rid of it all
I’m sick of it all, there’s an answer here”

His music is full of thought provoking lyrics, followed by interesting and catchy lyrics. Whether or not his style of music is what you’re interested in, I highly suggest taking a look into his work to see for yourself.

image_pdfimage_print
About the Writer
Callie Mabry, Reporter

I'm Callie Mabry, a senior at Hillsboro High school, and I'm in the Academy of Global Health and Sciences.

I love music, animals, and most importantly,...

• “We’re in love and the world is ending”: Tyler Cole second album released Oct. 13

Arts, Technology and Book Reviews

Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man swings back into action!

Arts, Technology and Book Reviews

Phone Games that take the boredom away

Arts & Entertainment

The Soundcloud Epidemic: The Revolutionary Music Platform of the Decade?

Arts, Technology and Book Reviews

The Great Escape Celebrates 40 Years of Business in an Ever Changing World of Music Technology

Arts, Technology and Book Reviews

Over The Garden Wall – A perfect seasonal show to jump start your fall line up

The Student News Site of Hillsboro High School