The Hillsboro Globe

Strong Skin Care

image_pdfDownload as PDFimage_printPrint

SENSITIVE SKIN TYPE

Know that skin care is important, especially for modern American women. It is especially important for women with one of the most sensitive skin types, African Americans.

Women with sensitive skin, can find the right products to use if they do their research. Finding the right product that strengthens skin is not so difficult since most products are made for each skin type, but women should read carefully to make sure they are using the right product.

Proper skin care is important because our skin is the largest barrier against infection that we have. Keeping our skin healthy and moist helps keeps the barrier strong.  

WHAT DOES PROPER SKIN CARE REQUIRE 

African American skin care requires a lot of moisturizing in order for it to remain healthy, glowing, and acne-free. Preventing acne-free skin is different for women of multi-ethnic skin types.

When it comes to caring for African American skin you need to know what to look for and what to avoid. “Beautiful skin requires commitment not a miracle.” – Erno Lasylo

WHEN IS IT IMPORTANT TO CLEANSE YOUR SKIN 

You should cleanse your skin twice a day at least, in the morning and afternoon. Over cleansing your skin can lead to irritation and lack of moisture.

WHERE CAN YOU FIND THESE PRODUCTS 
You can find these products at your own dermatologist, at pharmacy stores, or beauty stores near you.

• Strong Skin Care

Community Engagement

The 2018 Hume trophy is awarded December 6, 2018

• Strong Skin Care

Academies of Nashville

Social, emotion and physical health are just the pathway that Ms. Lonny Nelson uses to support her students

• Strong Skin Care

Health and Beauty

Have you had “The Talk” with a teen yet?

• Strong Skin Care

Health and Beauty

Recognizing signs of trouble and suggestions to help increase positive mental health

• Strong Skin Care

Health and Beauty

Facing the holiday blues can teach you to celebrate wonders of reality

The Student News Site of Hillsboro High School
Strong Skin Care