The Student News Site of Hillsboro High School

The Hillsboro Globe

The Hillsboro Globe

The Hillsboro Globe

The Lady Burros Wrap-Up Regular Season with MVP and COY

All District regular season team named as the Lady Burros their regular season with Senior Night
Rights Reserved-Hillsboro Globe; Associated Press Margo Jenkins

UPDATE–

Friday, February 9, 2024, Hillsboro Lady Burro pick up another win against McGavock’s Lady Raiders making it the 6th straight win for the Burros. They extended their record on Friday night without one of its best shooters, Raegan Starks who should be returning later in the upcoming district tournament. It was a definitively win, beating McGavock 68-31.

Game Photos HHS v McG

1000 Point Club Presentation

Photo Gallery  – Senior Night

Hillsboro stacked a eleventh blowout win onto their ever-increasing hoard of W’s on Friday and is expected to keep adding to their win streak in the upcoming district tournament to be held at Overton High School, February 12-17. The championship games for the boys and the girls will be held Saturday, 2/17 beginning at 5:00 pm. All tickets are available on www.gofan.co.

The Lady Burros are 11-1 in the district and 17-4 overall.They breezed by Antioch to the tune of 71-27. However, the huge score differential  was nothing new to Hillsboro Lady Burros as they’re now sitting on six straight wins of 18 points or more.

Though the score differential was large by the end of the 4th quarter, McGavock’s Lady Raiders had the momentum in the first half of the game.  Stark’s absence threw the chemistry off in the 1st quarter, and McGavock took advantage of this keeping the score close. However, adjustments were made for the second half and the Lady Burros came out on fire in the 3rd. The Lady Burros kept the pressure up and McGavock had to settle for a 61-37  loss.

The only district loss by the Lady Burros in the regular season was the double overtime loss to Cane Ridge. In a back to back match-up, the Lady Burros traveled to Cane Ridge following Friday night winning 58-39. Hillsboro girls basketball is the number one seed in the District. 11–4A tournament  with Cane Ridge seeded second.  As for McGavock, their loss ended a four-game streak of away wins and brought them to 16-7.

Notable: Cherish Stringfield is the District Coach of the Year….Raegan Starks, MVP……Eboni Donaldson 1st Team…..Shinae Howard-Johnson, Mariyonna Burnett and Raigan Wiggins Honorable Mentions…..the Lady Burros take on the winner of the Overton v Antioch game on Friday, 2/16 at 4 pm.

See Below for the brackets and seeding for the upcoming District 11, Region 4A tournament.