Anime showcase – K-On!

5 high school girls become friends through the Light Music Club

Hillsboro Globe Reporter – Zach Strunk, Editor

K-ON is about 5 high school girls who become friends through the Light Music Club. Yui the lead guitarist, Tsumugi the keyboardist, Mio the bassist, Azusa the rhythm guitarist, and Ritsu the drummer. K-ON is the story of 5 aspiring musicians and their journey through high school together and has two seasons. These girls are all very different from each other and kind of clash sometimes but end up forming the light music club which is a club where they play music together usually from the pop or light rock genres.

Yui Hirasawa is the main protagonist. She is the air-headed lead guitarist and vocalist of the band Houkago Teatime. Always looking for fun, she is fearless; anxiety and stage fright are unknown to her. She likes everything cute and makes a lot of physical contact with others like holding hands or hugging.

Tsumugi Kotobuki, otherwise known as Mugi (むぎ) is one of the 5 main characters in K-ON! She is a wealthy, cheery, cute girl with a gentle personality who plays the keyboard and is the main musical composer in the band Ho-kago Teatime.

K-ON - Episode 2 - Chikorita157's Anime Blog

The reason why I love this show so much is because the characters are so realistic, and you can’t even hate them. Whenever I was watching this show, I was either laughing out loud, relating with the characters, crying along with them, or silently enjoying the show with a smile.

— Tristan Kun

This Anime is rated TV-PG and it fits in the Genres of Comedy, Lighthearted, and Drama and is a great choice for people who want a light easy to what anime that doesn’t take too long to finish.

You can watch K-On! on the following streaming services: Funimation, Crunchyroll, and Amazon Video.